Guided by the spirit of Jesus Crucified and inspired by our blessed Mother Mary, the Canossa College Alumni Association aims to keep alive the charism and virtues of St. Magdalene of Canossa among the Alumni.
As the conduit between the alumni and the school , it seeks to:
- promote the spirit of understanding, unity, mutual concern and support among the alumni;
- serve as a center for communication and information;
- assist the school in achieving its goal in achieving its goal of providing quality education and in meeting its institutional objectives;
- carry out projects and other worthwhile endeavors for the benefit of the school, the alumni, and the needy;
- accept donations in pursuit of its mission.
SEARCH FOR ST. MAGDALENE OF CANOSSA (SMC) ALUMNI AWARDS
A. Structure of Awards:
1. Canossa College San Pablo City alumni who graduated from College, High School or Grade school are eligible to be nominated for any of the following Awards:
a. SMC Alumni Award for Community Service
b. SMC Alumni Award for Academic and/or Professional Leadership
c. SMC Alumni Award for Outstanding Service to his/her Alma Mater
d. SMC Alumni Award for Outstanding Service to the Church and their religious congregations.
2. The St. Magdalene of Canossa Alumni (SMC) Award for Community Service is given to any Canossa College San Pablo City graduate who dedicated himself / herself for the cause of those in need and community service exemplifying the Canosssian values of charity, humility, simplicity, and justice.
3. The SMC Alumni Award for Academic and/or Professional Leadership is intended to honour a Canossa College San Pablo City graduate for demonstrating moral integrity and proficiency in the practice of one’s profession in education, medicine, business or entrepreneurship, industry practice, corporate governance, etc., and who has distinguished himself/herself through professional accomplishments, thus, bringing pride and honour to his / her alma mater.
4. The SMC Award for Outstanding Service to his/her Alma Mater is bestowed to any Canossa College San Pablo City alumni whose remarkable service or contribution to his / her Alma Mater has positively influenced the life and career of the Canossa College San Pablo City students, the stakeholders, his / her fellow alumni or to the institution itself.
5. SMC Alumni Award for Outstanding Service to the Church and their religious congregations is awarded to any Canossa College San Pablo City alumni who dedicate himself/herself to the building up of the Church through his/her devoted and exemplary service and/or leadership to the parish and religious congregations.
1. Qualifications of Nominees
a. Must be a Grade School, High School or College graduate of Canossa College San Pablo City from Classes of 1956 to 2005.
b. Must be a practicing Catholic.
c. Must imbibe the Canossian Values.
2. Nomination Process
a. The candidate/s will be nominated/recommended by any member of the Canossian community in San Pablo City (alumni, personnel, teachers)
b. Overseas Canossa graduates may also be nominated or may be nominators for the awards. This will give equal opportunities for Canossians overseas, workers or residents, to be nominated or to be a nominator for the SMC Alumni Awards.
c. A nomination form has to be completed by a nominating individual. This form is one of the bases for the rating and selection.
d. Nomination forms may be obtained from Canossa Students And Alumni Relations (STAR) Office, c/o Ms Grace Laqui and Ms. Ludi E. Tribdino or may be downloaded HERE
or may be requested thru Messenger at:
Magdalene Bakhita Canossa Facebook Account
e. The committee will start accepting nominations for the School year starting from February 20, 2019. Last day of acceptance of nomination will be on August 31, 2019. Nominations made after the said period will no longer be considered in the selection process.
f. Incomplete supporting documents with submitted nomination form may disqualify a nominee from the recognition.
C. Selection Process
1. The final selection process in choosing the awardees of the various awards, based on the criteria, is at the discretion of a distinguished panel of judges.
2. In considering the nominations for the 2019-2020 St. Magdalene of Canossa Alumni Awards, the panel of judges will use the following criteria to determine the awardees:
2.1 SMC Alumni Award for Community Service
a. evidence of leadership or participation in community service projects for the benefit of the poor and the most in need in the local, regional, national or international level.
b. evidence that the individual exemplifies the Canossian virtues of charity, humility, simplicity, and justice.
c. evidence of active membership in professional, social- civic, and religious organization and/or charitable institution.
2.2 SMC Alumni Award for Academic and/or Professional Leadership
a. evidence of contribution in the fields of education, medicine, business or entrepreneurship, industry practice, and corporate governance, etc. for which he/she has received recognition or awards in the local, regional or international level
b. evidence of active membership in professional and/or other related organizations.
c. evidence of witnessing Canossian values in the practice of his/her profession.
2.3 SMC Alumni Award for Outstanding Service to his/her Alma Mater
a. evidence of active involvement or participation in school related activities and/or outreach programs.
b. evidence of witnessing the Canossian values of charity, humility, simplicity and justice.
2.4 SMC Alumni Award for Outstanding Service to the Church and their religious congregations
a. evidence of active involvement or participation in parochial and/or congregational events.
b. evidence of active membership in parish and congregations.
c. evidence of witnessing Canossian values in the practice of his/her vocation
D. Selection Procedure
1. Preliminary screening will be conducted by the Award-Giving Committee. They will examine all nominations/evidences and make recommendations to the Panel of Judges for final judging and selection of the awardees.
2. The number of awardees shall depend on the quantity and level of distinction of the nominations that will be received by the Awards Committee.
3. All information with respect to the nominations and the awardees will not be released to the public until a final decision on all selections has been done.
E. The decision of the Panel of Judges shall be final and non-appealable.
Nomination will start on ……………..February 20, 2019
Deadline for Submission of Nominations ……..August 31, 2019
(Early submission is encouraged)
Screening of Nominees ……..September 30, 2019
Final Judging of Nominees ……….October 31, 2019
Awards Night …………………………February 2020
***For further clarifications, you may contact:
(049)562-3891 – Local 230 – Ms Grace Laqui/ Ms Ludi Tribdino
09453507360 or 09672557944
Facebook Messenger: Magdalene Bakhita Canossa